|US$ 1399||Price per person, 3 stars, double occupancy, shared/group tours, airport transfers, Expedition Train (subject to availability). Airfares & Huayna Picchu Mountain not included.|
|Destination:||Arequipa - Colca Valley - Puno - Lake Titicaca - Cusco - Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu|
The Amazing 12 Day Peru Vacation Package is customizable. If you’d prefer to travel for fewer days or add days or destinations to your trip, please let us know in the Comments Section of the Get Free Quote form. You can also fill out our Design Your Trip form or Contact Us form with your specific needs.
PERU VACATION EXPERIENCE THROUGH AREQUIPA, LAKE TITICACA, CUSCO, MACHU PICCHU AND MORE!
This Peru Vacation Package is an amazing travel experience through the southern Andes of Peru:
- Travel to the Colca Canyon, the world’s deepest canyon, and a mecca for Andean Condor sightings
- Visit the man-made islands of Los Uros on Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake int he world
- Explore the historic centers of Cusco and the “White City” of Arequipa
- Take in the colors and sounds as you shop in the artisanal market of Pisac in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Climb to the heights of the Ollantaytambo archeological site and walk around the massive rocks of the Sacsayhuaman Fortress
- Experience the mystical energy of the Incas as you walk through the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu
Peru Vacation Package includes Arequipa & The Colca Canyon:
On this journey, you will first visit the City of Arequipa known as the “White City” because of the many baroque-style colonial buildings made with a white volcanic rock called sillar. It is an enchanting city, made more beautiful by the presence of three surrounding volcanoes, the most prominent being El Misti. Arequipa’s historic center is a Cultural, Historic and Monumental Heritage by UNESCO.
Situated about 160 km northeast of Arequipa, the Colca Canyon is the second deepest canyon in the world. At 4,150 meters deep, it is more than twice the depth of the Grand Canyon. The name Colca comes from the words Collaguas and Cabanas, two ethnic groups that lived along the Colca River. In addition to its grandeur, the Colca Canyon is a fantastic place to witness, up close, the majestic flight of the Andean condor. It’s a great opportunity to take remarkable Peru vacation pictures.
Peru Vacation Package includes Lake Titicaca & The Floating Islands of Los Uros:
The trip continues to Puno, located in the southeastern part of the country. Puno was the territory of the ancient Tiwanaku Culture, a Pre-Inca civilization that lived in the Andes in the middle of the first millennium. It is believed that the origin of the cultivated potato is located in this part of the Altiplano.
Puno has many natural attractions among which is Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world, located at an altitude of 3,810 meters above sea level. You will also appreciate the man-made floating islands (artificial islands made from dried Totora) of Los Uros, the living descendants of the ancient Uru Chipaya culture, with a lineage back to pre-Hispanic times.
Peru Vacation Package includes Cusco, the Sacred Valley of the Incas & Machu Picchu:
Take a picturesque bus ride to the iconic city of Cusco, while enjoying archeological sites, the flora and fauna of the altiplanos and authentic Andean towns along the way. This expedition will take you to the main Inca constructions of Sacsayhuaman, Koricancha, Kenko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay, so you can appreciate this ancient culture.
One of the highlights of Peru vacation will be the archeological fortress of Sacsayhuaman which was built in such a way that a single piece of paper would not fit between the giant stones. Its impressive construction includes an extensive system of underground tunnels which connect the fortress to other Inca ruins within Cusco. An example of the architectural genius of the Inca empire.
After exploring Cusco, you will continue your journey to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, an important agricultural area, dating back to the Incas, located along the Urubamba River. Climb the monumental stone fortress of Ollantaytambo, and admire the amazing views of the valley and immerse yourself in the language and customs of the inhabitants. Take in the colors and textures of the artisan market of Pisac, and witness great textile work and old trade customs.
This wonderful Peru vacation package ends with a trip to the “Lost City of the Incas”, Machu Picchu, a true wonder of the ancient Inca world. The story of Machu Picchu is as amazing as the citadel itself. It was hidden in the Andes, buried underneath centuries of heavy vegetation until 1911, when the American explorer Hiram Bingham discovered it, following a tip from locals.
Today, the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu is considered one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It has received many awards and recognitions over the years, most recently TripAdvisor’s 2016 #1 Landmark around the World! It is truly an engineering and architectural masterpiece, which is also surrounded by a palpable mystical aura. This is one of the destinations you must visit in your lifetime!
PERU VACATION PACKAGE ITINERARY
Airport transfer (morning or afternoon)
Transport from the airport in Arequipa and transfer to your hotel (2,350m/7,708ft). No tours are scheduled on this day so you can rest and acclimate to the altitude.
Overnight in Arequipa.
Tour Arequipa, Carmen Alto and Yanahuara Viewpoints and San Lazaro Traditional District
Visit Arequipa’s main square, Santa Teresa Convent, the Compañia Church,
the Colonial House del Moral, Carmen Alto and Yanahuara Viewpoints and San Lazaro Traditional District. Return to your hotel.
Overnight in Arequipa.
Colca Tour (3,800m / 12,464ft)
Along the way to the Colca Valley (3,800m/12,464ft), you will pass through the Aguada Blanca National Reserve where you will admire vicuña herds and other native species. Take in the artistic Andean landscape from the “Mirador de los Andes”. At your arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel/lodge.
Overnight in Colca Valley.
Cruz del Condor Tour
Driving by the left-hand side of the Colca Canyon, you will visit some of the quaint towns of the Altiplano before arriving at the “Cruz del Condor” lookout to capture the majestic flight of the Andean Condor, and enjoy the impressive views of the canyon.
The trip continues to Puno (3,800m/12,464ft) in ground transportation so you can enjoy the amazing Andean landscapes along the way. Transfer to your hotel.
Overnight in Puno.
Visit the pre-Inca cemetery of Sillustani where you will find tubular stone tombs built by the Collas community. Enjoy the beautiful landscape at sunset. Return to your hotel.
Overnight in Puno.
Floating Island of Los Uros, Taquile and Amantani Islands Tour 2 Days / 1 Night
Pick up from the lobby of your hotel and transfer to the Island of Uros where you will learn how locals built this artificial land using a local plant called totora. Continue by boat for 3 hours to the Amantani Island inhabited by Quechua speaking natives. The positive energy of this island is so powerful that it is known as the “Island of Love”. Enjoy the authentic hospitality and environment of an Amantani home where you’ll stay the night. Walk around the pintoresque streets of this colorful island and visit the pre-inca Temple of Pachatata.
Overnight at the island.
(B, L, D)
After breakfast, travel by boat towards Taquile Island, where you will learn the customs and traditions of these people. Visit the main part of the town to see the main square and artisan center. It is necessary to go up a path to get to the center of Taquile where you will enjoy lunch and then return to the port to go back to Puno in the afternoon.
Overnight in Puno.
Day Trip to Cusco
Pick up and transfer to the station to take the tourist bus to Cusco (duration: 10 hours approx), departing at 07:00. On the way, you will enjoy archaeological sites, art expressions, food, flora and fauna tipical of the highlands, stopping in the traditional towns of Puccara, Racchi, and Andahuaylillas. Pick up from the bus station and transfer to your hotel (3,350m/10,988ft).
Overnight in Cusco.
Tour Cusco, Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Pucapucara, Tambomachay
Pick up from the lobby of your hotel. Visit the Cathedral of Cusco, Koricancha (or Temple of the Sun), the archaeological complex of Sacsayhuaman, and archeological sites of Kenko, Pucapucara, and Tambomachay. Return to your hotel.
Overnight in Cusco.
The Sacred Valley of the Incas (2,800m/9,184ft)
Visit the artisan market and Archeological Site of Pisac. Buffet lunch in Urubamba. Continue the tour visiting the Archaeological Site of Ollantaytambo where you will enjoy an amazing mountain view. Tour ends around at 16:00 – 17:00. Transfer, on your own, to the Ollantaytambo Station (10min walk from Main Square) to take the Expedition Train departing at 19:00 and arriving to Aguas Calientes at 20:43. Transfer to your hotel in Aguas Calientes assisted by the hotel’s staff.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes.
The Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu (2,350m/7,710ft)
Your tour guide will accompany you on the bus up to the Citadel of Machu Picchu early in the morning. After your tour, we recommend you walk up, on your own, to the Sun Gate or Inti Punku to admire another amazing panoramic view of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, or visit the Inca Bridge (optional).
After lunch (not included in tour package), take the bus down (last bus departs at 17:30), on your own, to Aguas Calientes to enjoy its natural hot springs (optional; not included in quote) and/or transfer, on your own, to the station to take the Expedition Train departing at 16:43 and arriving at 20:23 to Poroy (15-20min from Cusco). At your arrival, you will look for a sign with your name to be transferred to your hotel in Cusco.
Overnight in Cusco.
Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the airport in Cusco to take your flight back to Lima (morning or afternoon).
PERU VACATION PACKAGE NOTES:
- This 12 day Peru vacation package itinerary is available every day of the year.
- Acclimatization: we strongly recommend you drink coca leaf tea, rest for at least 3 hours upon arrival to your hotel, and eat little as digesting food might be a bit slow during your first day due to the altitude.
- Weather: rainy season starts in mid-October and ends in mid-March in the Mountains and Jungle. January and February are the heaviest months of rain. The best time of the year to visit Machu Picchu is from April to September.
- Trains: Expedition/Backpacker – tourist, Inca Rail Executive Class – superior, Vistadome – superior, Andean Railways Panoramic – superior, Inca Rail First Class – first class, Hiram Bingham – luxury.
- Luggage: you can leave unnecessary luggage at your hotel in Cusco when going to Machu Picchu per train luggage weight regulations.
- Sacred Valley: the best days to enjoy the artisan market of Pisac are Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Maras and Moray: you can add this tour for US$ 25.00 per person. Includes transportation, guide, entrance tickets and a visit to the natural salt mines of Maras and the most advanced agricultural system of the Incas, Moray.
PERU VACATION PACKAGE PRICING
|Double Room||US$ 1,399||US$ 1,709||US$ 2,255|
|Single Room||US$ 1,789||US$ 2,345||US$ 3,359|
|Additional in private service *||US$ 590||US$ 590||US$ 590|
|* only Lake Titicaca Tour in shared boat / private guide|
|Included in Tour Price||Not included in Tour Price|
|Hotel accomodation according to itinerary||International and domestic flights|
|Meals according to itinerary||Visas required to enter Peru|
|All guided excursion in English||Airport Taxes|
|All tour and intermediate transfers||Drinks|
|All entrance tickets||Tips|
|Bus and entrance tickets to Machu Picchu for 1 day||Airport Transfer, hotels, and tours in Lima|
|Expedition Train to/from Aguas Calientes||Buffet Lunch at Beldmond Santuary Lodge during Machu Picchu Tour|
|Entrance ticket to the mountains of Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu.|
Peru is a journey of emotions. It is thrilling, majestic, enigmatic and so much more. Where else can you visit the archeological feats of the powerful Inca culture, explore the depths of the Amazon Jungle, experience the globe’s most exciting cuisine or ride the world’s longest wave? Come experience it yourself. Here is some information to help you plan your trip:
- Machu Picchu – This is Peru’s flagship destination as most people are drawn by its mystical aura, amazing mountain views, and impressive architecture.
- Lake Titicaca – This lake situated in the southeastern part of the country in the Puno region is the highest navigable lake in the world at an altitude of 12,500 ft. or 3,810 meters above sea level.
- Amazon Rainforest – The Amazon Rainforest of Peru is one of the New 7 Natural Wonders of the World for its biological diversity and pristine eco-system.
- BLOG POST – Top 10 Peru Travel Destinations and Experiences
Best Time to Visit Peru
- The Peruvian winter (May – September) is the driest season and therefore the best time of year to travel, especially if you are planning to visit the Cusco area or trek the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. The summer (December – March) is the wettest season, with frequent heavy showers.
- BLOG POST – Best Times to Travel to Peru
- Capital – Lima, Peru
- Population – 30,444,999
- Currency – Peruvian Sol, check exchange rates here
- Language – Spanish, Aymara, Quechua
- More Facts About Peru
Peru Traveler Information